For Treatment of Goiter in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR India or Online Treatment of Goiter Contact us or Fill up Form Contact Us or Fill Up Form
- Treatment of Goiter
- Homeopathic Treatment of Goiter
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Goiter
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Goiter
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Goiter
- Surgical Treatment of Goiter
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Goiter
- Other Treatment of Goiter
- What is Goiter
- Symptoms of Goiter
- Causes of Goiter
- Risk factors of Goiter
- Complications of Goiter
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Goiter
- Precautions & Prevention of Goiter
Treatment of Goiter
Homeopathic Treatment of Goiter
Homeopathy helps in alleviating the symptoms associated with the goiter. It helps in alleviating the symptoms associated with the condition. Moreover, homeopathy works at a deeper level to bring deviations of immunity back to normalcy and to restore the harmony of the body. Some of the homeopathic medicines for treatment of goiter are:
- Nat Mur
Acupuncture and Acupressure Treatment of Goiter
Acupuncture has excellent response in hormonal disorders like goiter, In acupuncture some specific acupoints are stimulated to rebalance chi, the energy system of that organ or system. It alleviates symptoms are gives lasting relief.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Goiter
Aspirin or a corticosteroid medication might be prescribed if the underlying cause of your goiter is inflammation. Small doses of iodine (in the form of Lugol’s or potassium iodine solution) can be prescribed if the goiter is due to iodine deficiency.
Surgical Treatment of Goiter
If the goiter is large and causing difficulty with breathing and swallowing Surgery is necessary to remove all or part of the thyroid gland and sometimes surgery is used to remove nodules, if cancer is present. Depending on the amount of thyroid gland removed, lifelong thyroid hormone replacement therapy may be necessary.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Goiter
- Avoid white sugar, foods from flesh, fried foods, greasy foods and preserves
- Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol
- Eat guavas, strawberries and citrus fruits
- Include iodized salt, seafood, seaweed, sushi, shrimp, shellfish, cow’s milk, yogurt in your diet
Other Treatment of Goiter
Grind a few flax seeds in a cup of warm water. Apply this paste on the affected region of your neck. You may use the leaves of the tree in order to bandage the affected region after applying the paste.
What is Goiter
When thyroid gland grows larger than normal, then a condition is known as goiter. The thyroid gland is a small gland located in the neck, below your Adam’s apple.
Symptoms of Goiter
- A visible swelling at the base of your neck
- A tight feeling in your throat
- Neck vein distention
- Dizziness when the arms are raised above the head
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty breathing
Causes of Goiter
- Iodine deficiency
- Graves’ disease
- Hashimoto’s disease
- Thyroid cancer
- Solitary thyroid nodules
Risk factors of Goiter
- Female gender
- Age over 40
- Family history of goiter
- A lack of dietary iodine
- Pregnancy and menopause
- Radiation exposure
Diagnosis of Goiter
- Physical exam – Your doctor feel your neck area for nodules and signs of tenderness.
- Hormone test – A blood test to determine thyroid hormone levels
- Antibody test – A blood test to look for the production of certain antibodies that are produced in some forms of goiter.
- Ultrasound of the thyroid – An imaging test of your thyroid gland that reveals the gland’s size and possible presence of nodules.
- Thyroid scan – Another imaging test that provides information on the size and function of the gland.
- CT scan or MRI – These imaging tests are used to evaluate the size and extent of the goiter.
Precautions & Prevention of Goiter
- Use iodized salt or eat seafood or seaweed