Optic atrophy in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR
For Treatment of Optic atrophy in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR or Online Treatment of Optic atrophy Contact Us or Fill Up Form Contact Us or Fill Up Form
- Treatment of Optic atrophy
- Homeopathic Treatment of Optic atrophy
- Acupuncture Treatment of Optic atrophy
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Optic atrophy
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Optic atrophy
- Other Treatment of Optic atrophy
- What is Optic atrophy
- Symptoms of Optic atrophy
- Causes of Optic atrophy
- Risk factors of Optic atrophy
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Optic atrophy
- Precautions & Prevention of Optic atrophy
Treatment of Optic atrophy
Homeopathic Treatment of Optic atrophy
Homeopathy nourishes eye and nerve tissue. Homeopathic remedies are very helpful for blurred or dim vision, sensitivity and cases with nerve injury of the eye. Homeopathy is known for helping the tissues in healthy regeneration. Following are the homeopathic remedies used for optic atrophy treatment.
- Arg nit
- Nux V
- Zinc P
Acupuncture and Acupressure Treatment of Optic atrophy
Acupuncture treatment has been used for recovery of vision in a patient with optic atrophy. It also strengthens the optic nerves which lead to clear vision. It is also useful in patients whose optic nerve is damaged.
Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Treatment of Optic atrophy
In psychotherapy, people talk about their feelings about the condition of optic atrophy. By going to talk therapy, you can get into a better state of mind and make smarter decisions about how to manage optic atrophy. Psychotherapy and hypnotherapy can help in stress relief. They can help in better coping and early relief.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Optic atrophy
- Eat fruits such as oranges, apples, grapes, peaches, plums, cherries
- Eat green vegetables like lettuce, cabbage, spinach and turnip tops
- Eat root vegetables like potatoes, turnips, carrot, onions, and beetroots
- Eat nuts, dried fruits, and dairy products
Other Treatment of Optic atrophy
The Ayurvedic treatment of optic atrophy is aimed at preserving vision, slowing down or reversing the degeneration in the retina and optic nerve and treating the cause, if known.
What is Optic atrophy
Optic Atrophy is the result of degeneration or damage to the optic nerve. The optic nerve transports visual information from the eye, to an area of the brain where it is processed.
Symptoms of Optic atrophy
- Blurred vision
- Change in the optic disc
- Dimming of vision
- Reduction of the field of vision
- Contrast sensitivity can be affected.
- Poor constriction of the pupil in light
- Decreased brightness in one eye relative to the other
Causes of Optic atrophy
- Brain injury
- Optic neuritis
- Toxic or nutritional optic neuropathy
- Vascular disorders
Risk factors of Optic atrophy
- Diseases of the brain
- Multiple sclerosis
- Brain tumor
Diagnosis of Optic atrophy
Optic nerve atrophy can be diagnosed on complete examination of the eyes. It may require a complete physical examination and specific tests. Molecular genetic testing is available to confirm the diagnosis of dominant optic atrophy. ECG should be done to diagnose occult cardiac conduction defects.
Precautions & Prevention of Optic atrophy
- Facial injuries can be prevented by standard safety precautions.
- Use seat belt when traveling.
- Avoid alcohol consumption